Staff in the Aging and Adult Services Division assist older adults and those caring for them in remaining active, safe, independent, and in their own homes by exploring and seeking out goods, services, and in-home support they may need. Unlike many organizations, staff generally make home visits to discuss service needs and offer available options. Staff remain current and knowledgeable about a variety of programs and services not directly administered through the Human Services Department and are happy to provide information, assistance in making application, and guidance on those.
Commonly Requested & Offered Resources
- Call 2-1-1 or 941.205.2161 for Information and Referral
- 2-1-1 Resource Database
- Agency for Healthcare Administration
- Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida, Inc.
- Helpline 866.413.5337
- Department of Children and Families
- Department of Elder Affairs
- Senior Friendship Centers
- Charlotte County Transportation
Aging and Adult Services
1050 Loveland Blvd.
Port Charlotte, FL 33980